Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2017/03/28, 00:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 2014/10/13, 14:49 

Role: Hobbyist
Adam wrote:
SirePi wrote:
while stealing anything that is not bolted to the floor :mrgreen:

Ah, the spirit of RPG games :D

Haha yeah :D I always end up wasting more time comparing and selling tons of items because i pick up everything than actually playing

PostPosted: 2015/02/04, 23:30 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
Just bought this one here a few days ago while stumbling across it mostly by accident:

It's an adventure game with some similarities to Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain and kind of a nice atmosphere. It puts a lot of emphasis on player choice and consequences arising from that, like a "choose your own adventure" version of a TV series. Nicely executed overall and rated pretty high so far. Also not very expensive, so it might be worth checking it out if that's your thing. :)

Hint: Watching a Let's Play and actually playing are in a XOR relationship here - one takes away most of the fun doing the other. Just know this before going and getting some more gameplay before buying.

By the way, Fahrenheit is also a nice game of the same category - if you don't mind the story going completely mad in the second half of the game. :mrgreen: Played it some years ago and would consider it a conceptual predecessor to Heavy Rain.

PostPosted: 2015/02/13, 12:05 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Role: Hobbyist
Finally finished Bastion and loved it.
Now I am restarting The Witcher for the 3rd time, and maybe this time I will finally finish it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 2015/09/15, 20:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right now, I'm installing this:

No idea what to expect, actually. Slightly intrigued though.

PostPosted: 2015/09/22, 10:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I'm halfway through it and would definitely recommend The Talos Principle to anyone who likes the type and genre. It's a first-person puzzle game with a great narrative. A bit like Portal, if you replace the emotional / personal / funny aspect with philosophy - also, the puzzles are more focused on thinking than platformer style jumping and running.

PostPosted: 2015/09/26, 11:04 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Done with it! The ending was a bit overdone, but overall great game and story arc. Also, very interesting if you like philosophy without actually having a lot of background in it. The game actually makes you think about some of your views, if you're in the mood for that.

Some of the puzzles in the end get a bit tedious, but nevertheless, would buy and play again.

PostPosted: 2015/09/27, 14:58 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
It seems it has an expansion, Road to Gehenna: http://store.steampowered.com/app/358470/

PostPosted: 2015/09/27, 16:36 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

At the moment I'm playing DarkScape, some sort of Runescape but PvP is enabled everywhere. It is made by Jagex too.

If anyone wants to play together, my nickname is Assassino39.

PostPosted: 2015/11/04, 13:16 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

I've been tinkering around with SpaceEngine a lot lately, and it is just amazing.

Here's a screenshot I took at 4K resolution (by using a software called Simple Runtime Window Editor - install instructions linked). I don't have a 4K monitor, but I can make it render at any resolution with this software.

Click to open full image.

WARNING: The full image is quite heavy (5.25 MB original image) and may kill slow internet connections. It may also be compressed due to being converted to JPEG.

SpaceEngine is a truly amazing game, try it out sometime. By the way, it does a huge lot of procedural generation too, right down to entire detailed planet surfaces! Check out the website for more information, and if you like it download it and try it out! It requires a decent PC, from what I've seen, and runs on Windows only (for the time being, it may change in the future, it is still in beta). Oh, and did I mention it's free?

By the way, if you are interested in any other space games, look at Universe Sandbox 2 and Kerbal Space Program as well.

PostPosted: 2015/11/04, 13:57 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This look amazing :omg:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next