Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2017/04/30, 03:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Smalltalk
PostPosted: 2016/05/31, 01:04 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
So, I was poking around and found out that Mono has this project (Vulkan .NET bindings): https://github.com/mono/VulkanSharp

PostPosted: 2016/05/31, 06:22 

Role: Hobbyist
Adam wrote:
Ahh, so around Bayern / Bavaria? That's not really my area, but feel free to let me know if you're around Berlin for a while. If you want to see as much of the country as possible, there's a good chance you'll end up in Berlin at some point. ^^

Precisely that area, yeah. I think Berlin would be high on the list of places to visit though, if finances permit it. We will see! :)

PostPosted: 2016/05/31, 19:43 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
ARC wrote:
Precisely that area, yeah. I think Berlin would be high on the list of places to visit though, if finances permit it. We will see! :)

Very good ^^

RockyTV wrote:
So, I was poking around and found out that Mono has this project (Vulkan .NET bindings): https://github.com/mono/VulkanSharp

Ohh, nice. Bookmarked and starred. It was only a matter of time until someone did C# bindings, but it's awesome that it's actually coming from Mono.

PostPosted: 2016/06/11, 04:21 

"Coming Home"

I've been grounded due to sickness the last two days, so decided to make something of all of my free time.
It is inspired by a famous photo of a famous Canadian vessel, Bluenose.

PostPosted: 2016/06/11, 09:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You drew that? :omg: I don't think you're in programmer art territory anymore. Looks awesome!

PostPosted: 2016/06/11, 11:51 
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Indeed. I really like it :]

PostPosted: 2016/06/12, 13:52 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

ARC wrote:
I've been grounded due to sickness the last two days, so decided to make something of all of my free time.
It is inspired by a famous photo of a famous Canadian vessel, Bluenose.
That's a pretty good drawing, I'll say. I can't draw very well. I have these great ideas and image in my head, but when put on paper, they turn out to be mere doodles.

Also, take a look at this 'locomotion system'. Uses inverse kinematics and other predictions to do some nice semi-procedural animation.

PostPosted: 2016/06/12, 18:46 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you're interested in procedural animation techniques, I recommend to check out this GDC presentation as well. It's by one of the developers of Overgrowth and provides a really nice insight.

Also, Euphoria:

Not a locomotion system, but more about procedural animation itself. It's probably consuming loads of CPU cycles, but it also looks almost natural. Probably also not that cheap :D

PostPosted: 2016/06/13, 13:34 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Adam wrote:
If you're interested in procedural animation techniques, I recommend to check out this GDC presentation as well. It's by one of the developers of Overgrowth and provides a really nice insight.
Yep, I'm trying to make a 3D game using this engine called Urho3D, and I am interested in introducing procedural animation at some point. Less animating work for me then, hopefully. Thanks for the video link (though for some reason I already had it bookmarked).
Adam wrote:
Also, Euphoria:
(YouTube video)
Not a locomotion system, but more about procedural animation itself. It's probably consuming loads of CPU cycles, but it also looks almost natural. Probably also not that cheap :D
Ahh, Euphoria. It's used in nearly every Rockstar game these days: Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and even GTA V. Those games really show off what procedural animation can add to a game. Rockstar developers probably optimized the hell out of the code for GTA V to be able to run at 60 FPS.

PostPosted: 2016/06/13, 18:52 

Role: Observer
"Trying to rewrite my game in Duality" attempt #1.

Let's see how far I go, started this today. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next