Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2017/04/26, 06:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2015/08/30, 20:17 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Role: Hobbyist
I apologize in advance if you get offended by this post. It's not my intention and it's all done in good faith.

If you are easily offended, I strongly suggest that you don't read any further and leave this topic now. Thank you.

You have been warned

CAH stands for Cards Against Humanity - to be precise, I'm aiming to play its online implementation Pretend you're Xyzzy with some of the fine people of the community.

If you don't know what it is about, it's basically a game where players have to complete a phrase with one or more words or sentences from a random hand of vulgar, explicit, non-politically-correct and generally over-the-top cards.

The game needs at least 3 players. Each round, one player will take the part of the judge and choose the funniest combination played. The one that played it, takes one point.
Once you reach the set amount of points, the game is over the winner is declared.
A game takes around 15-20 minutes to be played, depending on the number of players and if you are paying attention to the screen ^^

Given the nature of the game (gratuitous vulgarity and randomness) the main part is (for me) just to have a good laugh between friends, regardless if you win or lose.

So, if you're interested, drop a line about which days and times (GMT or add your time zone please) you could be able to participate.
I'll check back next sunday to see if and how many people are willing to participate.. if there are enough, I'll try to organize it all :) Unless it's feasible for everyone, it will take place on a Saturday or Sunday, to take into account the different time zones we are all spread around.

This is what you can expect

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Cards Against Humanity (which is free by the way.. you can just download it and print it at home.. although they are over 1000 cards.. it would be a little expensive :mrgreen: ), Pretend you're Xyzzy, and even Adam knows nothing about this initiative.

If you are squeamish, don't like or cannot stand dirty, vulgar, racist and/or inappropriate jokes, it's better you don't sign up.

The direction (me) is not and will not be held responsible for laughter, embarassment, choking on beverages and/or food, rage fits, broken keyboards and equipment and/or spontaneous combustion and/or death while playing.

PostPosted: 2015/08/31, 11:48 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
Man, that was a giant disclaimer you wrote there :mrgreen:

I've played CaH once, count me in as an occasional visitor. I'd definitely join, but am often occupied otherwise on weekends, so.. maybe I'll show up, but can't promise :D

As far as organizing this goes, maybe it would be an idea to call for a meeting in our chatroom half an hour before beginning or so. That way, you won't have to search for each other in the game lobby, and you can just take everyone with you who's there at the time. Just a thought ^^

PostPosted: 2015/09/01, 16:25 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
Count me in. I'm in GMT +5, and am online frequently. Just let me know when we're playing.

PostPosted: 2015/09/07, 10:41 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Well, Sunday has come and gone, and it appears there are only 3-ish people wanting to play..

I believe we can try this saturday (September 12th, @12.00 GMT - 14.00 Italy/Germany, 17.00 Maldives), if it's fine with you all ^^ maybe I can grab a couple extra people so that we have the right numbers.

If not, I'm basically free all afternoon (of saturday ^^), so just drop a message :)

As suggested by Adam, we will meet inside Duality's IRC Channel at the time to prepare the game room, share passwords and so on.

See ya! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 2015/09/07, 11:02 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SirePi wrote:
I believe we can try this saturday (September 12th, @12.00 GMT - 14.00 Italy/Germany, 17.00 Maldives), if it's fine with you all ^^ maybe I can grab a couple extra people so that we have the right numbers.

Sounds good to me. I'll see if I can make it ^^

PostPosted: 2015/09/07, 11:21 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

17:00, that's good. I too will try to be there.
Just for clarification, that's Saturday, 12th September, right? Oops, skimmed over that part.

PostPosted: 2015/09/12, 07:30 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Just a reminder that in 6 hours and a half (I'm writing this post at 7.30 here in Italy - should be 10.30 @Maldives) we'll meet on IRC for the pre-game setup ^^

If anyone else still wants to join, just jump on IRC at that time

PostPosted: 2015/09/12, 15:43 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

So the game time came and went by, and I believe we all had a lot of fun (maybe Adam didn't win too much but.. :mrgreen:).

Anyway, thanks to everyone that participated! I'll see to organize another game sometime soon (maybe in just a couple weeks, if it's the right time for everyone ^^).

Cya and GG everyone!

PostPosted: 2015/09/12, 16:19 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SirePi wrote:
So the game time came and went by, and I believe we all had a lot of fun (maybe Adam didn't win too much but.. :mrgreen:)

The amounts of points you accumulated was next to uncanny :D

Count me in next time!

PostPosted: 2015/09/13, 10:42 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

I'm going to knock you off the throne next time, SirePi.