It is currently 2017/04/29, 19:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Discord Server / Chat
PostPosted: 2016/09/25, 12:07 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
Hey everyone,

I created a Discord server for Duality, where you can gather and discuss daily life, game development and Duality. Feel free to post any suggestions or issues that you have!

Be friendly, and have fun :)

In case you have connectivity problems, check here to see if there are known issues in the Discord network.

PostPosted: 2016/09/26, 13:31 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
Uhh, I just noticed something: whenever someone joins a server, they're forever joined to the server. Is this the intended behaviour?

I only ask because, for example, someone who only wants to temporarily join and ask might not want to be forever engraved into the member list. It's not much of anything, though. Just pointing it out, in case.

Also, why don't we introduce some kind of server roles and whatnot, class up the server a bit. Just a thought.

PostPosted: 2016/09/26, 19:36 
Site Admin
Site Admin

hsnabn wrote:
Uhh, I just noticed something: whenever someone joins a server, they're forever joined to the server. Is this the intended behaviour?

In Discord, you join servers permanently and will only switch to "Offline" when you're off. To leave a server, you have to do so explicitly. Totally possible, just not the default. Not sure I can do something about that server-side. Discord-Veterans, feel free to correct me ^^

hsnabn wrote:
Also, why don't we introduce some kind of server roles and whatnot, class up the server a bit. Just a thought.

Definitely! Just thought I'd wait a bit until the dust has settled and we have an idea what roles would make sense. I'd be totally willing to approve moderators or similar.

PostPosted: 2016/09/26, 22:18 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
Adam wrote:
In Discord, you join servers permanently and will only switch to "Offline" when you're off. To leave a server, you have to do so explicitly. Totally possible, just not the default. Not sure I can do something about that server-side. Discord-Veterans, feel free to correct me ^^
Apparently, you can just change the invite link to a temporary membership invite: it's in the "Advanced Settings" when you generate the invite link. Not sure if that's what you'd want, though.

PostPosted: 2016/09/26, 22:32 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quickly tested it, and it seems to work - but I think auto-kicking people when they disconnect also means that you can only ever join using the join URL, but not when using Discord regularly, i.e. keep the server in your default list. Reverted it back to the permanent invite for now. I guess it's better to have two extra clicks for everyone who wants to leave, than no way for others to join permanently.

PostPosted: 2016/09/28, 05:48 

Role: Hobbyist
Wow. Discord seems infinitely more polished and streamlined than typical IRC. Great move