Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2017/04/27, 05:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2016/04/05, 08:43 
Novice Member
Novice Member

Role: Hobbyist
i'm sorry im new in game development, as far i just only know unity with his powerful drag n drop ide.

So i just follow one of your tut (https://github.com/AdamsLair/duality/wi ... ng-Started)
And simply i just want to make the camera follow the game object.
How to do that? :P

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: 2016/04/05, 09:27 
Novice Member
Novice Member

One way to do it is by making the camera the child of the game object. You can do this by dragging the camera onto the game object in the Scene View window.

Have you done the Creating Bullet Like Objects tutorial? That will teach you enough code to be able to write a script to make the camera follow any object you plug into it. If drag and drop wasn't what you had in mind, give that tutorial a shot and let me know if you need help. Disclaimer, I know nothing of c# beyond what I am also doing in Duality, but I'm a little experienced in coding, so I will help if I can.

EDIT : In case you are really new to game dev, I am a Unity cautionary tale. If you're also learning Unity, learn c#. I can do a lot in unityscript, but I find switching to c# in Unity a lot harder than learning it through Duality. Start with c#.

-ST

PostPosted: 2016/04/05, 09:45 
Novice Member
Novice Member

StupidThunder wrote:
One way to do it is by making the camera the child of the game object. You can do this by dragging the camera onto the game object in the Scene View window.

Have you done the Creating Bullet Like Objects tutorial? That will teach you enough code to be able to write a script to make the camera follow any object you plug into it. If drag and drop wasn't what you had in mind, give that tutorial a shot and let me know if you need help. Disclaimer, I know nothing of c# beyond what I am also doing in Duality, but I'm a little experienced in coding, so I will help if I can.

EDIT : In case you are really new to game dev, I am a Unity cautionary tale. If you're also learning Unity, learn c#. I can do a lot in unityscript, but I find switching to c# in Unity a lot harder than learning it through Duality. Start with c#.

-ST

Wow its working!
how it can be that easy.. xD xD

ok i will try the bullet tut
thank you ST for offering me help :P
will keep in touch

unity is too advanced, i need something that very low on development stage so i can learn a lot. Iam advanced in java,php & javascript but only in developing apps not in game..so this is very huge movement.

ps: but the camera follow rotate to right and left movement of game object (and i dont want it)

PostPosted: 2016/04/05, 11:23 
Novice Member
Novice Member

found it : http://www.adamslair.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83 :D

PostPosted: 2016/04/05, 17:46 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
By the way, there is also a Camera Controller sample in the Package Manager. ^^ When installing it, it will provide a sample Scene and put the source code into your VS project, so you can first observe its behavior in the editor Game View, and then dive into the code and play around with it.