Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2019/11/20, 21:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2016/03/04, 03:41 

Role: Observer
Hey, recently I noticed that something weird is happening when dragging and dropping objects in the scene, it was not happening before. I just have no clue what I'm doing wrong, see:

Instead of following the mouse, the sprite starts moving extremely fast in its direction. :wtf:

What should I do?

PostPosted: 2016/03/04, 14:31 

Role: Hobbyist
That's because your main camera is set to parallax view, and your object probably have a Z position less than 0, you can go on the camera's properties and change the option (that i cant remember the name) from PARALLAX to FLAT, and change your objects position Z to 0

PostPosted: 2016/03/04, 23:17 

Tried this but it still occurs.

I'm almost sure it started happening when I manually updated the packages (including the Editor). Or maybe I messed up with stuff I shouldn't.

Weird that I tried downloading it again but seems like the packages are already updated. ;_;

PostPosted: 2016/03/04, 23:41 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
Can you upload a minimal / reduced version of your project somewhere, so we can take a look?

PostPosted: 2016/03/05, 00:56 

Of course!

https://db.tt/WQabs6OP

It happens with any project. ''/

PostPosted: 2016/03/05, 09:39 

Everytime I move an object, this error is added to the log:

Code:
Error:   An error occurred: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Duality.Editor.ExtMethodsDualityFont.RenderGlyphs(Duality.Resources.Font)'.
CallStack:
   at Duality.Editor.Plugins.Base.EditorBasePlugin.OnResourceModified(ContentRef`1 resRef)
   at Duality.Editor.Plugins.Base.EditorBasePlugin.DualityEditorApp_ObjectPropertyChanged(Object sender, ObjectPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at Duality.Editor.DualityEditorApp.OnObjectPropertyChanged(Object sender, ObjectPropertyChangedEventArgs args) in c:\projects\duality\DualityEditor\DualityEditorApp.cs:line 1320
   at Duality.Editor.Plugins.SceneView.SceneView.CreateGameObject(TreeNodeAdv baseNode, String objName)
   at Duality.Editor.Plugins.SceneView.SceneView.gameObjectToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at AdamsLair.WinForms.ItemModels.MenuModelItem.RaisePerformAction() in c:\Stuff\svn\Projects\AdamsLair.WinForms\WinForms\ItemModels\MenuModelItem.cs:line 318
   at AdamsLair.WinForms.ItemViews.MenuStripMenuView.viewMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Stuff\svn\Projects\AdamsLair.WinForms\WinForms\ItemViews\MenuStripMenuView.cs:line 306
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

PostPosted: 2016/03/05, 09:47 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
Yep, it's happening to me too. The move-bug and the RenderGlyphs(Duality.Resources.Font) error as well. I used the sample project you uploaded.

Since you said you tried to update the packages manually, it might be an incompatibility error. If you need Duality to work, you could try to delete the entire Source/Packages directory, which will force Duality to re-download all the packages, and might fix your problem.e

EDIT: I just did that, and it did not work. Strange. The versions for the Duality components are currently (they were the same on the original sample project):
  • Core: 2.2.3.0
  • Editor: 2.2.7.0
  • Launcher: 2.0.1.0

Might this be an error on the packages side of Duality?

EDIT 2: I built a version from source, commit hash 63cdba47c487bf2e505376904e9ccbb012391ce9 (latest as of time of typing), the component versions the same as the ones above. I can drag around objects perfectly, without any errors appearing in the log.

EDIT 3: I just downloaded the latest Duality binary release from http://dualitybin.adamslair.net/, and it had the same problems! This seems to be a pretty bad issue, it needs a quick fix. I'm going to file an issue on GitHub for this. small edit: issue filed

Last edited by hsnabn on 2016/03/05, 10:40, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 2016/03/05, 10:14 

hsnabn wrote:
EDIT 2: I built a version from source, commit hash 63cdba47c487bf2e505376904e9ccbb012391ce9 (latest as of time of typing), the component versions the same as the ones above. I can drag around objects perfectly, without any errors appearing in the log..

Sorry, you did what? :wtf:

Could you please explain it step-by-step to a fellow noob dude? XD I mean, I've no idea what's a commit hash. ._.

PostPosted: 2016/03/05, 10:34 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
indiemaatheus wrote:
Could you please explain it step-by-step to a fellow noob dude? XD I mean, I've no idea what's a commit hash. ._.
Hehe, no worries. The commit hash is the ID of the commit (source update) in the Duality Git repository (link).

To acquire the source code, you can either use a Git client (you can then do incremental source updates, as it happens), or download an archive of the current repository state (this is probably the easiest method) from the repository page.

To build Duality, you can then just open the Duality solution file and then just build it like you would any other project. Then, to get the freshly built editor, you can go to the bin folder of the DualityEditor project and then grab the files in the version you built (Release or Debug).

Ehh... looking back, that's probably not a very good step-by-step explanation. If you want, I could upload a working version that I've built.

PostPosted: 2016/03/05, 10:41 

hsnabn wrote:
Ehh... looking back, that's probably not a very good step-by-step explanation. If you want, I could upload a working version that I've built.

Oh, sorry for nagging you but that'd be great! I just don't know how Git or GItHub work. :P

Thanks!