It is currently 2018/11/21, 04:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: AutoTile
PostPosted: 2016/09/07, 19:21 
Novice Member
Novice Member

Role: Observer
Hello.
In the Tile Example, the AutoTiling works nicely, but when I try to define my own AutoTile-"Layer", I don't get the expected result.

Let's take a look:

In the Tileset Editor on the right I marked the dry-grass like the Stone Pavement example, but when I paint it, I get just the same tile, while I expected to get the dry-grass thing.
I don't get it. :D

Post subject: Re: AutoTile
PostPosted: 2016/09/08, 19:56 
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Role: Hobbyist
Hmm, I don't know, also experinced weird behaviour with the autotiling. Especially when there is no full tileset available. Are you sure that it is enabled (you can enable it in the tileset editor, when nothing is selected)?

PostPosted: 2016/09/08, 22:06 
Novice Member
Novice Member

What do you mean by "no full tileset"?
Yes I had UseAutoTiling to Full.

Another weird thing I noticed is that even when creating a fresh new project, I can't open the MagicTown Tileset anymore, I can however generate a new one from the pixmap, and use that one. But I cant drag-drop the new one on an existing Tilemap.
(Maybe stuff is corrupted though, I always have bad luck with that. :P

PostPosted: 2016/09/13, 15:41 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
From what I can tell by looking at the picture, did you forget to hit the Apply button after defining your AutoTiles?

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know, also experinced weird behaviour with the autotiling. Especially when there is no full tileset available.

Can you provide repro-steps and a description if you keep experiencing them? No Only a few known issues from my side so far, so let's track down the "unknown" ones :)

Quote:
Another weird thing I noticed is that even when creating a fresh new project, I can't open the MagicTown Tileset anymore, I can however generate a new one from the pixmap, and use that one. But I cant drag-drop the new one on an existing Tilemap.

Same here: Can you provide repro-steps, starting with a fresh project?

PostPosted: 2016/09/14, 15:35 
Novice Member
Novice Member

Adam wrote:
[...] did you forget to hit the Apply button after defining your AutoTiles?

Oops that was the case apparently, since it now works. Hehe :redface:

Adam wrote:
[...] repro-steps, starting with a fresh project

That (opening the Tileset) works now as well, I'll see if I stumble upon it again and maybe then I can reproduce it.

Edit:
I saw this in the editor earlier, I don't know if that was a problem with my project, the launcher or the editor.
Apparently the Tileset is corrupted or something I don't get it. :D
Code:
[Core] Info:    Loading Resource 'Data\MagicTown.Pixmap.res'

[Core] Info:    Loading Resource 'Data\MagicTown.Tileset.res'

[Core] Error:       Can't load Resource from 'Data\MagicTown.Tileset.res', because an error occurred:
IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
CallStack:
   at Duality.Plugins.Tilemaps.TilesetCompiler.TransformAutoTileData(Int32 autoTileIndex, TilesetAutoTileInput autoTileInput, RawList`1 tileData, Int32 sourceTileCount) in c:\projects\duality\DualityPlugins\Tilemaps\Tilesets\TilesetCompiler.cs:line 129
   at Duality.Plugins.Tilemaps.TilesetCompiler.Compile(TilesetCompilerInput input) in c:\projects\duality\DualityPlugins\Tilemaps\Tilesets\TilesetCompiler.cs:line 71
   at Duality.Plugins.Tilemaps.Tileset.Compile() in c:\projects\duality\DualityPlugins\Tilemaps\Tilesets\Tileset.cs:line 233
   at Duality.Plugins.Tilemaps.Tileset.OnLoaded() in c:\projects\duality\DualityPlugins\Tilemaps\Tilesets\Tileset.cs:line 346
   at Duality.Resource.Init(Resource res) in c:\projects\duality\Duality\Resource.cs:line 445
   at Duality.Resource.Load[T](Serializer formatter, String resPath, Action`1 loadCallback, Boolean initResource) in c:\projects\duality\Duality\Resource.cs:line 422