Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2020/01/21, 13:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 2015/01/14, 09:40 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Role: Hobbyist
Yes.. as I said, you can see that in your InputController both Ball and Paddle references are still set to null. Just drop Ball and Paddle GameObjects inside the respective properties and you should be all set :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 2015/01/14, 10:17 
Novice Member
Novice Member

I'm sorry for being an ultra newbie :redface: but, where is these "respective properties" that you speak of SirePi. I really appreciate the help. Thanks again! :D

PostPosted: 2015/01/14, 12:05 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Let me know if it works :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 2015/01/14, 20:40 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
SirePi wrote:

:D

I'm kind of worried about the Ball having a broken PrefabLink (Broken symbol, red text) and also not seeing any Prefabs in the Project View though. Something else might have gone wrong before this, too. Accidentally deleted Resources / files maybe?

PostPosted: 2015/01/14, 23:51 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Adam wrote:
I'm kind of worried about the Ball having a broken PrefabLink (Broken symbol, red text) and also not seeing any Prefabs in the Project View though. Something else might have gone wrong before this, too. Accidentally deleted Resources / files maybe?

Yep, I noticed that too.. I am assuming it's just the result of not knowing how to assign the GameObject to the property in InputController and nothing too serious :) (I guess he dragged to the project view, made a Prefab, and deleted it afterwards) -I might be wrong :|

PostPosted: 2015/01/15, 01:27 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
Alright, let's stop talking about our new arrival, rather than with him - I'm already starting to feel rude. Sorry :D Let's just hope this was helpful so far.

By the way, it's great to have your Breakout Tutorial around and I'm really glad to see a lot of people are really using or referring to it. The Getting Started guide alone is really a little bit.. meager on gameplay. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 2015/01/15, 05:17 
Novice Member
Novice Member

It works! I didn't know about the drag and drop thing until you posted a screenshot. I was aware about the NULL values but I was clueless on how to fill it up. I know it silly and I'm really thankful for the assistance Sir. :D

Adam wrote:
SirePi wrote:

:D

Yup! You got it right SirePi. I dragged the ball but I eventually deleted it because I realized it doesn't follow with the tutorial. Lol

Adam wrote:
Alright, let's stop talking about our new arrival, rather than with him - I'm already starting to feel rude. Sorry :D Let's just hope this was helpful so far.

By the way, it's great to have your Breakout Tutorial around and I'm really glad to see a lot of people are really using or referring to it. The Getting Started guide alone is really a little bit.. meager on gameplay. :mrgreen:

No worries Adam, I really appreciate your opinion on this matter. :)

PostPosted: 2015/01/15, 09:44 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

DarkMotoMark wrote:
It works! I didn't know about the drag and drop thing until you posted a screenshot. I was aware about the NULL values but I was clueless on how to fill it up. I know it silly and I'm really thankful for the assistance Sir. :D

Glad to be of help! When I have a free minute I'll update the tutorial as well in order to include this detail.
no one ever called me Sir before.. I feel fuzzy inside :mrgreen:

Adam wrote:

It's a surprise for me as well :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 2015/01/26, 07:18 
Novice Member
Novice Member

Hey guys! Quick question: Which object should I drag inside the game manager(pic below) and which game object should I put the GameController? Sorry for being such a bother. I tried to put everything in place but my "Noobnies" failed me. Thank you in advance! :)

PostPosted: 2015/01/26, 09:05 
Novice Member
Novice Member

Oh never mind guys. I managed to fix the problems :mrgreen: but my problem right now are the bricks. They don't break upon collision :redface:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next