Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2019/10/17, 13:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 2015/01/27, 11:51 

Role: Hobbyist
Oh wow so much new stuff °^° Wanna try. Really awesome work you're doing, SirePi :>

PostPosted: 2015/01/28, 10:07 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Neicul wrote:
Oh wow so much new stuff °^° Wanna try. Really awesome work you're doing, SirePi :>

Let me know if something breaks :redface:

PostPosted: 2015/03/09, 13:44 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Introducing the UI editor plugin, which allows to directly edit WidgetSkin resources (might still need a little fixing touches, but it's stable enough for use).

See it here:

TODO: Explain how it works :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 2015/03/10, 00:26 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
SirePi wrote:

Despite not having an idea of what to do with it, curiosity led me to just installing and trying it. So, I don't really have actual feedback, but randomly saw that you can change the background color of the UI view:

In case you want to use the slightly better Duality ColorPicker instead of the default (and dated) WinForms one, you can add a reference to AdamsLair.WinForms to your project and use the ColorPickerDialog. It's the same one that the editor uses as well and available via NuGet.

You shouldn't add a dependency to AdamsLair.WinForms to your .nuspec file though, because the Duality editor will provide the binaries anyway ^^ and I don't really trust NuGet to properly resolve complex dependency graphs anymore.

Edit: It looks somewhat like this:

PostPosted: 2015/03/10, 08:23 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Adam wrote:
SirePi wrote:

Despite not having an idea of what to do with it, curiosity led me to just installing and trying it. So, I don't really have actual feedback, but randomly saw that you can change the background color of the UI view:

Hence the TODO :mrgreen:

Adam wrote:
In case you want to use the slightly better Duality ColorPicker instead of the default (and dated) WinForms one, you can add a reference to AdamsLair.WinForms to your project and use the ColorPickerDialog. It's the same one that the editor uses as well and available via NuGet.

Nah, that selector is only used in case you need to check the pixmap with different backgrounds (white, black and transparent should have been already enough in fact.. I just added a custom color as an extra bonus)

Adam wrote:
You shouldn't add a dependency to AdamsLair.WinForms to your .nuspec file though, because the Duality editor will provide the binaries anyway ^^ and I don't really trust NuGet to properly resolve complex dependency graphs anymore.

Oh.. that's probably because I copied the .nuspec from another plugin :D forgot why I needed WinForms in that one as well.. one day I'll have to do a cleanup of all external dependencies (should be only that one though).

PostPosted: 2015/03/10, 11:15 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SirePi wrote:
Oh.. that's probably because I copied the .nuspec from another plugin :D forgot why I needed WinForms in that one as well.. one day I'll have to do a cleanup of all external dependencies (should be only that one though).

Well, if you already did reference it and people never had problems with your plugins, then NuGet is probably fine handling stuff like that. I mean, theoretically, you are supposed to add it to the dependencies. I'm just a little paranoid about NuGet dependency handling. Maybe just leave it in there and we'll see how it goes. :D

PostPosted: 2015/03/10, 22:04 
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Role: Gamer
SirePi wrote:
Introducing the UI editor plugin, which allows to directly edit WidgetSkin resources (might still need a little fixing touches, but it's stable enough for use).

See it here:

Is this an external window? If yes, it'd be cool if you could open it up, and have a button on the gui skins that says "open with skin editor"

PostPosted: 2015/03/10, 22:16 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RockyTV wrote:
Is this an external window? If yes, it'd be cool if you could open it up, and have a button on the gui skins that says "open with skin editor"

Nope, this is integrated in the Duality editor. It's already available in the package manager if you want to give it a try. Or at least that's how I obtained it ^^

PostPosted: 2015/03/10, 22:42 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RockyTV wrote:
SirePi wrote:

Yep, as Adam said, just download the UI Editor plugin and you will be able to double click a Skin and you will get the SkinEditor :)

PostPosted: 2015/03/14, 19:22 
Novice Member
Novice Member

How to adjust the GUI to the screen resolution? For example if I want my textbox in the upper-left corner of the screen no matter what screen size the user has.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next